Hello there! Hope you had (and still have) a wonderful Christmas time! I'm currently trying not to completely fall into food coma ;-) I guess you can somehow relate...? I decided the best thing to distract myself from any more cookies is showing you a few Christmas cards and taking a looooong walk outside since the weather feels more like early spring (12 C/54 F!!) than winter anyway. But first, for the cards...
One of the "perks" of writing magazine articles is that you get to do it way before any of the current manufacturer lines hit the stores. So either you use the collections of the year before or you gotta improvise a little. I tried both with these two cards.
The star here was die-cut from a recycled packaging of clear acetate, then stamped with the Hero Arts designer woodgrain and embossed with American Crafts Zing embossing powder. The neutral doily patterned paper was from an older Crate Paper collection (Emma's Shoppe).
For this card I was very much inspired by Crate's Sleigh Ride collection. It was just presented at CHA Summer and I loved the B-side of the Rudolph paper enough to recreate a similar effect with a Christmas tree stamp I had custom made for me some time ago.
Sooo, that's it from me today! While these cards won't help you for this years Christmas cards, they may inspire you to start early building your stash for next year? Something I should clearly aim for! See you soon for the Studio Calico January Kit reveal! I'll be sharing a few more sneaks today and tomorrow on Instagram.
- Stamps: Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain, custom-made (tree)
- Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado and Tea-dye duo, Versamark
- Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe, Peppermint Collection)
- Cardstock: Dani Peuss Creme, PTI Kraft
- Other: AmCrafts Zing Aqua, SC Mister Huey's Calico Shine and Gold, Basic Grey Jovial Assorted Brads, PTI Tag sale die, The Twinery Baker's Twine Aqua, foam dimensionals, Martha Stewart Vintage Doily punch, heavy weight acetat sheet (recycled)