The first two sneaks are from the main card kit, the last one is mostly card add-on Taffy. The first two of these sneaks were made under the influence of some apple cake and SC member shicchan asked me on Instagram to share the recipe. I happily obliged because this one was really yummy and oh so easy to make.
What you need:
- 1,5 kg apples
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5 eggs
- 250 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 100 g corn starch
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- vanilla bean pulp to your liking
- a pinch of salt
What to do:
- Peel the apples and cut them in quarters.
- Put the apples in a bowl and coat them with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix sugar, salt, butter and the vanilla pulp. Add the eggs, one at a time. Then slowly beat in the left dry ingredients (flour, corn starch, baking powder).
- Pour the cake batter into a cake pan and add the quartered apples on top.
- Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden (approx. 150 °C in a fan oven).
- Let it cool and if you like, you can sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar/roasted almonds.
- Enjoy and make sure to let me know how you like it! :)
Happy weekend - see ya soon-ish!