Hi there, I hope you had a merry little Christmas! Ah, I can't help but still sing that song in my head about once a day. The season just goes by so fast... which is exactly, why I wanted to show you a smaller version of my Christmas cards that I used as Christmas gift enclosure cards and also as small gifts to give to friends so they can dress up their gifts, too. I still had a bunch of kraft Project Life cards from guest designing for Dani Peuss in summer. They're basically 4 x 6 cards with a perforation line in the middle just screaming to be made into little cards or tags.
First, I got my white ink pad out and stamped a fabulous star background pattern from a Studio Calico stamp subscription set. Then I used two layers of die-cut tags, one is vellum with a strip of silver washi tape, the other is again one of those super cute snowmen from Crate Paper's Snow & Cocoa collection stamped with a simple Christmas sentiment. I also layered a die-cut glittered snowflake in-between for good measure. Don't you love when you can whip up something without buying expensive manufactured die-cuts or stickers? Also, my Crop-a-Dile got quite a workout this holiday season. I don't merely use it often enough, though.
Don't think I only stuck to the snowman style cards. The concept for this next one is very similar, though. I got me these Kesi'Art snowflake dies and die-cut one from black cardstock (with a piece of silver glitter paper on one side) and layered a second vellum snowflake underneath.
I also found this fun mustard color patterned paper that made me think of actual fuzzy snowflakes dancing in the air. To give it a little more texture, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a We R Next Level embossing folder (it's a set of two called 'geometric'). A stamped sentiment and a big pearl brad from the stashed finished it up.
Please note: I received some of the following products for free or discounted as a guest designer for Dani Peuss and as a former member of the Studio Calico design team. These items are marked with a "*".
- Kits: *Studio Calico Stamp Kit Gypsy Moon
- Stamps: *"Tis the Season" by Hello Forever, Klartext "13 mal Frohe Weihnachten"
- Paper: Kesi'Art Happy 2017 (Juillet), Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa (Let's Play), vellum
- Cardstock: Neenah Solar White, Papertrey Ink True Black, Kesi'Art Bling-Bling (silver)
- Other: Kesi'Art Metallics (flocons, coupons), *Studio Calico craft-dies (tags), pearl brad, Tsukineko Versafine ink (Onyx Black), Hero Arts Pigment ink (Unicorn White), We R Next Level Embossing Folder (geometric), We R Precision Press Stamp Tool, pearl brad